A customer is traveling to a branch office, and the network administrator provides him/her with a static IP address for her laptop. Now, what should the customer do to use the static IP address?
Continue reading to know the exact answer.
What Should The Customer Do To Use The Static IP Address The Network Administrator Gives Him/Her?
To do that he/she has to assign the static IP in the network adapter settings. Are you curious about to know how to do that?
To execute the above, one must take the following steps:
1. Click on the Network icon at the bottom right of the desktop.
2. Click on “Open Network and Sharing Center”
3. Select “Change Adapter Settings” in the left toolbar.
4. Right-Click on the appropriate adapter (Local Area Connection for direct connection to the computer then click on Properties Tab
5. Select Internet Protocol Version 4 then click on the Properties Tab
6. Make note of the current IP settings for the computer.
7. Select “Use the Following IP Address”.
8. Type in the desired IP Address for the computer that was given by the Network Administrator
9. Click on “Ok” or “Save”
What Does a Static Ip Address Do?
A static IP address is an IP address that is assigned to a computer by an Internet service provider (ISP). A static IP address is also known as a fixed IP address. When you connect to the Internet, your ISP will assign you a dynamic IP address.
This means that your IP address can change from time to time. However, with a static IP address, your ISP will assign you a permanent IP address. This means that your computer will always have the same IP address every time you connect to the Internet.
There are several benefits of using a static IP address. For example, if you want to host your own website, you will need to use a static IP address so that people can always find your site. Additionally, some online services require users to have a static IP address in order to access them.
And finally, some businesses use static IP addresses for their employees so that they can remotely access work computers from home or while traveling.
Hope you find your answer. Be sure to comment below on any queries.