As a woman, traveling solo can be liberating and empowering. You get to see the world on your own terms and at your own pace. However, it’s important to feel safe while you’re exploring new places.
That’s why we’ve put together a list of the top 10 safest countries for solo female travel. These are destinations where you can feel comfortable walking around alone, taking public transportation, and staying in hostels or hotels by yourself.
Read below to know about those countries.
Top 10 Safest Countries For Solo Female Travelers
Solo female travel can be a daunting prospect, but it doesn’t have to be. There are plenty of safe countries out there that are perfect for women traveling alone. Here are our top 10 recommendations:
1. Canada – With its low crime rate and friendly locals, Canada is a great choice for solo female travelers. There’s plenty to see and do, from cosmopolitan cities like Toronto and Vancouver to the stunning natural scenery of the Rockies.
2. Australia – Another safe option for solo female travelers, Australia is a vast country with plenty to explore. From the bustling metropolis of Sydney to the Great Barrier Reef, there’s something for everyone Down Under.
3. New Zealand – If you’re looking for an adventure-filled solo trip, then New Zealand should be high on your list. This breathtaking country has it all, from snow-capped mountains to pristine beaches.
4. Iceland – Solo female travelers will feel right at home in Iceland, which is renowned for its safety and hospitality. And with its dramatic landscapes and abundance of outdoor activities, it’s the perfect place to get away from it all.
5. Norway – Norway is another excellent choice for solo female travelers thanks to its low crime rate and welcoming locals. It’s also one of the most beautiful countries in the world, with towering fjords and majestic glaciers waiting to be explored.
6. Switzerland – With its picturesque towns and villages, Switzerland is a popular destination for solo female travelers. It’s also incredibly safe, making it ideal if you’re looking for a hassle-free trip.
7. Finland – Finland is a paradise for outdoor adventurers, as it is the land of the Midnight Sun and the Northern Lights. Lemmon joke National Park is Europe’s largest protected forest, and the surrounding area also boasts the highest concentration of lakes on the continent.
The World Economic Forum’s Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Report ranks Finland first in terms of safety. You can travel to Finland with confidence knowing that it is among Europe’s safest countries for solo female travelers.
8. Uruguay – Close to Brazil, this tiny country has a charming culture and warm, friendly people. The beaches in Montevideo, the capital, provide a beautiful contrast to the city’s metropolitan core.
Punta del Este, Uruguay’s most well-known resort town, is a great place to unwind with its beaches, historical landmarks, and tranquil spots. Seeing Colonia del Sacramento is like getting a glimpse of a more intimate part of the world—one that’s bursting with character and history.
Crime rates in Uruguay are among the lowest in all of the Americas. Uruguay is one of the safest South American countries for women to go to on their own.
9. Belgium – Belgium’s reputation as a must-see in Europe is well-deserved. It’s a hidden treasure of a country, with plenty of places of historical interest, a well-developed infrastructure, and other attractions to draw visitors. Walking through Brussels, you may take in the old architecture, while a visit to Bruges will reveal a landscape fit for a Hollywood love story.
10. Japan – Japan is a country where cutting-edge science and technology may be seen with centuries-old customs. We can’t ignore Tokyo, the world’s largest and one of the world’s best-organized metropolises. And Osaka, a vibrant and contemporary metropolis brimming with attractions.
In addition to the well-known hotspots, I recommend getting off the beaten road and exploring Japan’s lesser-known but no less stunning gems.
Japan is regarded as one of the world’s most peaceful nations, with a Global Peace Index position of number six (GPI). When traveling alone as a woman, Japan is among the safest countries in the world.
If you’re looking for somewhere to stay in Japan, you should definitely check out the amazing options that World packers have to offer.
Which Country is Best for Solo Trip?
There is no definitive answer to this question as everyone’s travel preferences are different. That said, there are a few countries that tend to be popular among solo travelers. These include destinations like Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greece, and Thailand.
All of these countries offer a wealth of things to see and do, as well as being relatively safe and easy to navigate.
If you’re looking for a country that has it all – beautiful scenery, great food, interesting history, and culture – then Italy is a good choice. It’s also easy to get around without speaking much Italian, as English is widely spoken in tourist areas.
Spain is another excellent option for solo travelers. Its vibrant cities like Barcelona and Madrid offer endless opportunities for exploring, while its stunning coastline and picturesque villages are perfect for relaxing escapes.
Portugal is often overlooked as a solo travel destination but it shouldn’t be! This small country packs a big punch when it comes to attractions. From the historic city of Lisbon to the coastal town of Porto (not to mention all the incredible beaches in between), there’s something for everyone in Portugal.
Greece is another classic destination that always seems to attract solo travelers. Its islands offer plenty of chances for relaxation or exploration, while Athens provides an exciting mix of ancient ruins and modern nightlife.
Finally, Thailand remains one of the most popular choices for solo travelers thanks to its friendly locals, exotic atmosphere, and affordable prices.
Best Places to Travel Solo Female in Us
There are many great places to travel solo as a female in the United States. Here are some of the best:
New York City, New York – As one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world, NYC is a great place to visit alone. There’s so much to see and do, you won’t ever feel bored or alone. Plus, it’s easy to meet other travelers and locals when you’re out and about exploring.
San Francisco, California – Another big city with plenty to offer solo travelers, San Francisco is known for its liberal atmosphere and welcoming attitude toward all. There are tons of things to see and do here, from exploring Golden Gate Park to taking a cable car ride across town. You’ll never run out of things to keep you busy (and entertained) when traveling solo in San Francisco.
Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona – For those looking for an outdoor adventure, look no further than the Grand Canyon. Hiking and camping are popular activities here, but there’s also plenty to see from the rim if you don’t want to go down into the canyon itself.
No matter how you choose to explore it, the Grand Canyon is an amazing place that everyone should experience at least once in their lifetime – and it’s even better when enjoyed alone.
10 Best and Safest countries for Solo Female Travelers
Solo female travel can be a daunting prospect, but there are plenty of safe countries out there to explore. Explore all our recommended countries.